Monday, May 02, 2005

What is Knowledge

“It is not the smartest or the strongest species that prevails,
but that which is most adaptive”, I have a one word definition for
knowledge -- ACUMEN.

And if you wanted “acumen” expanded it is : honing one’s sense-making
apparatus [1] that energises [2] one to take the most effective actions [3]
of a rainbow [4] of possible actions, in a diverse environment [5]

To me knowledge has to be default actionable knowledge – acumen is a
better word. I seek knowledge to sharpen my acumen to deal with my self and
the world around me.

So, in summary the following associations can reasonably be made:

  • Information relates to description, definition, or perspective (what, who, when, where).
  • Knowledge comprises strategy, practice, method, or approach (how).
  • Wisdom embodies principle, insight, moral, or archetype (why).